?

Introduction - Breastfeeding Evangelists

About Introduction

Previous Entry Introduction Dec. 14th, 2005 @ 05:41 pm Next Entry
Evidently there are some questions I'm supposed to answer to introduce myself. I didn't see them on the user info page, but I copied them from some people who posted before me.

Name: Jennifer

Place: Albany, CA (just north of Berkeley)

Kids/Babies: One girl, Kaitlin, two months old

Brief description of BFing experience: A bit rocky. She lost 9% of her body weight by the time she was three days old so they wanted me to suppliment her with formula "until my milk came in". We closely monitored her weight gain, and on exclusive breastfeeding she was only gaining 3 oz per week so we were back to supplimenting. Three ounces a day wasn't enough, so we moved up to 6 ounces given by bottle on the advice of my LC. She finally gained 6 ounces in a week so we decided that was the amount to stick with. The amount of formula she took each day slowly creeped up to 10, so I decided it was time to nip that in the bud and bought an SNS. We're now down to 5-6 ounces per day and she's doing great.

Why you joined bf_evangelists: I can always use some more support and another perspective, and I really like the philosophy in your user info.

Any questions for the group? I can't think of any right now, but rest assured, I will come when I have them.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Leave a comment
[User Picture Icon]
From:the_leh
Date:December 15th, 2005 03:16 am (UTC)
(Link)
I'm so glad you joined!!!!! I see you around, and I have always enjoyed your comments.

You have a very beautiful boob monster there! Welcome.
[User Picture Icon]
From:hushingdream
Date:December 15th, 2005 05:08 am (UTC)
(Link)
Welcome. :) This is a wonderful community. For sure!

Caitlin
[User Picture Icon]
From:katieshy
Date:December 15th, 2005 03:58 pm (UTC)
(Link)
Thank you so much for being here! The questions were actually in the first post (or so) in the community--guess I should link that to the info, huh? ;) You're doing a great job, mama. Keep it up!

~Katie
(Leave a comment)
Top of Page Powered by LiveJournal.com